It is still early, but many of our couples are planning their 2016 wedding so its time to take a look at Lake Tahoe wedding trends. The first new trends always come out with the revealing of the wedding dresses by top designers, but what are t
he other trends on the horizon? Pinterest is always a great way to search for ideas, so start your boards early and start pinning!
A destination wedding in Lake Tahoe is the perfect remedy for a short engagement! We can find you a venue on the beach, at an estate, or country club, or overlooking the lake…most can accommodate a quick time frame with little planning time. Mid-week wedding days are perfect for our more popular venues.
Some of our more popular “short engagement” wedding venues in Lake Tahoe include Emerald Bay, our intimate c indoor/outdoor chapel, the beach front lawn and the Gondola.
Never be afraid to add the special touches that are important to you and your soon-to-be. Just because everyone else is doing something in their wedding, do what you want! Use Pinterest for general ideas, but then let the creativity from inside you emerge!
Add a “guesterly” book prior to the wedding, a keepsake before you even say “I Do!” Work with your Lake Tahoe wedding planner, a professional designer or your creative friends to come up with a new design that is representative of you as a couple.
Do you have a favorite cocktail? Why not share that with your guests. If you don’t have a bartender at your reception, you can still make this happen with a table set up with all of the ingredients (and if real unusual, add a little card with directions or pre-measured portions all set up).
If your budget allows, bring in mixologists that will get the party started!
Non-traditional Wedding Parties
No longer do you have to have just women on the bride side and men on the men’s side at the alter. You can have brothers and sisters standing up with their siblings, include older (or younger) people as there is no age requirement for a bridal party. With an ever changing world, many people have other genders as those they want to honor with a position at the front. You can even forgo the traditional party and invite all of your friends with you on your journey.
There is no avoiding the internet, apps, drones and smart phones for your wedding, so you might as well embrace it and control how your wedding will be technology wise. In a recent Huffington Post article, they listed the Top 10 ideas as: wearable technology, drones, a go-pro in your wedding bouquet, 3-D printed wedding cake decor, selfies and self-charging stations, crowdsourcing the dance floor, light projections on the wedding cake, “Periscoping” the wedding, and exits from the ceremony in a driver-less car.
While tech weddings aren’t for everyone, embrace it if this is already a part of your life!
- Drones – Not only can a drone take some fabulous photos from above your wedding, why not have one deliver your wedding rings to your outdoor alter? They aren’t allowed at all venues in Lake Tahoe, but we can find out who would accept them!
- Go-Pro – Placed inside your wedding bouquet you can record everything just as you see it on your big day! It will record shots in front of the middle, as you gaze upon your groom or as you hit the dance floor…anywhere your flowers go, the camera goes.
- Selfies – You know your guests are going to do this, especially with Lake Tahoe as such a fabulous backdrop. Have some inexpensive selfie sticks around and chargers to keep your guests all charged up for the wedding from beginning to end.
- Tracking – Your FitBit or iWatch can track your steps
- Periscope – Livestream your wedding, perfect for those on your guest list that couldn’t make it. Have someone in the front row use their iPod to record everything.
- So many other ideas, what are you favorites?
If you don’t want people standing up in front of the rest of your guests to grab that photo (and many stand in front of the photographer you’ve hired!), tell guests at the beginning that the ceremony is a camera free zone. Have someone designated for the social media queen (or king) and have them share all special moments on instagram, facebook or where ever else people are. This person can tag everyone so they get their shots too!
Get Married in Lake Tahoe
Ready to get started? Call our talented wedding planners and they will help you create the 2016 wedding of your dreams!
Call us today and we’ll take care of your fall wedding plans in Lake Tahoe. Follow this easy steps:
1. Call 1-888-Wed-Tahoe for more information. Our wedding consultants are the experts and will find a way for you to get married at your favorite Lake Tahoe wedding venue, even in summer!
2. Be sure to follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram to see more wedding venues, trends and all things Lake Tahoe!
3. Contact us by email or stop by our office at the Heavenly Village in South Lake Tahoe.